system is restarting when i m trying to install UBUNTU???????

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon Aug 7 18:51:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 09:08 -0600, Mukul Sharma wrote:
> Hello Sir,
Hmm, I see you have emailed twice, but this one without HTML - that's
how I like it.

>  I m trying to move to Ubuntu. I have two version of it 5.10 & 5.04
Why don't you get a copy of the latest one which is Ubuntu 6.06. It
should be much easier, and more people will be able to help you. If you
can't download one yourself, ask some friends and someone should be able
to do it for you.

> When i insert the install CD in to CDROM and rebooting system .i gets
>  the main menu which generally comes. After this when i press ENTER
> for installation my PC is going to restart.......
>
> My system information is given Below. This i have copied form WINDOWS
> 2000 PROF
Your system information is pretty unimportant here. Unless you have an
unusual system, and you've got a pretty new Presario it should install
fine.

> I  have also installed Redhat 9.0 so  its inatalling properly  but its
> showing some  GRUB error.
Where did you install GRUB?

> But i m able to Boot Windows & Linux from command.
What do you mean 'from command'?

RedHat is also very good, Ubuntu is not _better_ than RedHat, but it
might be easier to use, and Ubuntu is free, RedHat is not.

> PLzz help me BUDDY

> Thanking in advance
>
> plzz replyy
Your English is very good, so please don't make it look childish.

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk