Panel/menu font won't change

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Aug 7 13:43:38 UTC 2006

Brian Pack said...
> --===============0842636489==
>
> --nextPart1523256.NPVFgnSD8t
>
> On Sunday 06 August 2006 11:13, Brian Pack wrote:
> > On Sunday 06 August 2006 02:59, marc wrote:
> > > Brian Pack said...

> my

> ly

> tely
> > >
> > > Just as a matter of interest: do you use Krusader?
> >
> > No I don't.
> >
> > Starting with KDM, I'm going to purge out stuff I'm not using until I find
> > the culprit. (in the intrests of time, though, I'm not about to check aft=
> er
> > each package. So it'll be in large enough chunks to still keep the K apps=
> > regularly use.)
>
> It wasn't a app after all. it was detrius from gtk2-engines-gtk-qt. It put =
> a=20
> gtk2rc (I think that was the name) file that locked the font setting in=20
> place. Delete that, log out and back in, and I've got things working as the=
> y=20
> should.

It's a shame that you can't remember the name of the file, because I
have seen this problem and would like to test your proposed fix.

I have found;

 ~/.gtkrc-2.0

is this the file you mean?

There's clearly a bug in the package gtk2-engines-gtk-qt. Sometimes it
doesn't "take" the change in GTK font setting (to "Use another font")
and, in any case, it isn't always applying the specified font, even
after the above setting "takes".

--
Best,
Marc