Installing rpm package in Ubuntu 6.06

em3raldxiii ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 4 20:26:51 UTC 2006

Install a little program called *alien* and then you can convert them to
DEBIAN packages.  Then GDebi should automatically install it just from a
double-click.

I'm at work right now, so I can't test this overall procedure, nor can
I check which repository Alien comes from.  But you should be able to
just do this in your favorite console or command-line editor:

Code:

  sudo apt-get install alien
  sudo alien -/your/directory/name-of-package.rpm-

Then you can just double-click your new .deb package in Gnome.

Remember, I am at work, so please forgive any errors ...

--
em3raldxiii