Using Ubuntu absolves the user of personal responsibility?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Aug 4 12:32:19 UTC 2006

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> ยท Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
>
>> Miravlix wrote:

>>> While the original thread might have had reason to be argued about, your
>>> have clearly crossed the line of whats appropriate. The original poster
>>> didn't write this, miss quoting in this way is slander and in my country
>>> you could be taken to court for it.
>>>
>>> Where is the humanity in making people you disagree with look like the
>>> worst scum on earth?
>>>
>> Get a life.  It wasn't a quote, it was an example.
>
> It was meant as a "insult" against me.

You're probably right - but how does it differ, then, in any way from what
you did in the first place?  Michael will insist it _wasn't_ meant as an
insult, but you and many others will read it that way.  That's the same
problem I had with your original post.

In any case, Miravlix will need to understand his country's laws on slander
before he attempts to take anybody to court - it's not generally a slander
to present hypothetical approaches to a problem, however much they may be
thinly veiled attacks.  That is, after all, the basis of satirical comedy.
--
derek