SUDO/SU Password Issue

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Aug 4 07:26:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:12 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Congrats! ;)
I knew he'd get a flood of replies, just wanted to see if I could type
fast enough to be first. Yay!

> Of course there IS a root user on Ubuntu. This user has no password
> and the account is locked. It's also true, that the root account
> isn't generally used.
I don't understand, so there is a root account, but it's locked? Does
that mean that the sudo list allows people to run _as if_ they had the
right of the root account?

> Alexander Skwar
> --
> Each man is his own prisoner, in solitary confinement for life.
I discussed this with the voices in my head, not all of us agree.

Duncan

--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk