computer runing slow

Ken Siersma siersmak at ekkinc.com
Thu Aug 3 15:25:19 UTC 2006

William Biggs wrote:
> all the time
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 11:08 -0400, Scott Sweeny wrote:
>
>> On 8/3/06, William Biggs <kc8pdr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a athlon 64bit 512 160g hard drive but when I run unbutu 6.06 the
>>> computer run's slow
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> Is it slow all the time or only when you run certain programs?

Could you better define 'runs slow'?

For example, does it boot slowly?  Does it respond sluggishly?  Does it
just seem to be slow to draw things on the screen or does it seem to be
the whole system?  Have you run any benchmarks?  Did you used to have a
different version of linux on there and/or Windows, and it didn't run
slowly then?

Help us help you.
-Ken

--