CJK Chinese Japanese Korean Input Method configuration using SCIMin Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake - testing needed

linuxa ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 3 09:55:39 UTC 2006

Loïc Martin;1325048 Wrote:
> linuxa a écrit :

> In case you're replying to my previous email : no. What would be nice

> for the user to know is how, after having set up SCIM (to input any

> language, most often a CJK language) to work under his non-CJK
> language,

> he can revert this change so SCIM isn't used any more under his non-CJK
>

> language. Preferably without borking the system.

Yeah I was. Back on topic; to not use SCIM under the non-CJK language,
couldn't you just toggle SCIM on/off with the default shortcut of
CTRL-Space?

e.g.

1) I start up Kate. English is the default.

2) I type a few lines of English text. <Enter>

3) Switch on SCIM popup using CTRL-Space

4) Type the Translation in Chinese say <Enter>

5) Switch off SCIM popup using CTRL-Space

6) I type more lines of English text

linuxa