Linux security

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sun Apr 30 21:28:45 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 03:05, Michael T. Richter wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-29-04 at 23:41 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > > I only know that I have not had a virus in two years of linux
> > > use.
> > >
> > :-)  I haven't had a virus in 8 years.
>
> I've got all y'all beat, then.  I've been using PCs avidly since
> the AT was first available.  (Before that I was using various
> flavours of VAX and PDP-11.)  I have never once been infected by a
> computer virus but for the one time I stupidly allowed a student to
> use my computer for five minutes to print a report.  The moron left
> his floppy in my machine and rebooted.  That virus was gone about
> fifteen seconds after it was placed there.

I've gotten just one as well since 1989 - SirCam in 2001. I even
missed the ping pong balls and falling letters on the DOS screen!

Melissa, lovebug and all the rest passed me by :-)

--
If only you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za