Dapper: System thinks h/w clock shows local time rather than UTC

David M lists2006 at viewport.ukfsn.org
Fri Apr 28 18:14:00 UTC 2006

Having done a fresh install of Dapper, my system now seems to think that
the system hardware clock indicates the time for my local timezone,
rather than UTC time.

I'm sure that the installers in previous releases asked which option the
sysadmin preferred and configured the system accordingly..?

How do I now tell my system that I still want it to treat the hardware
clock time as UTC?

(I know many people will indeed prefer the local time option, but this
is one of those instances where I prefer to stick with tradition for
the sake of it ;-)

Thanks in advance,

David.

--