Powernowd & Centrino Core Duo

Joan Tur joantur at cancullet.org
Thu Apr 27 22:32:27 UTC 2006

Es Dijous, 27 de Abril de 2006 22:40, en C Hamel va escriure:
| On Thursday 27 April 2006 07:43, wescb wrote:
| > Thanks Joan, that did stop the scaling error from appearing. And now the
| > CPU runs (properly?) at full speed when plugged into AC and then scales
| > both cores when on battery. This also stopped my fan from running
| > constantly.
|
| May insinuate myself into this thread & ask a question...?  Was your fan
| running on hi, or was it just constantly running on low?  Mine is doing the
| latter, and I noted that the module Joan suggests is not in my
| /etc/modules.
Cpu fans depend heavily on the manufacturer's design, and you can sometimes
control the temperature it starts to blow through acpi.  Have a look at the
page about linux on my laptop (mine's a dothan processor) here:
http://www.cancullet.org/benqjb7000/BenqJB7000_linux.html#optimizing

Note that the speedstep-centrino module should be loaded by hotplug/udev;
adding that line to /etc/modules is the way to force the system to load the
centrino speedstep support module.

| I'm running an HP notebook (ze5570) and when the electric went out a couple
| nights ago I noted in the logs that the box apparently didn't do an orderly
| shutdown when power ran out.  I am wondering if all this might be related??
In my oppinion that's not relevant, unless you see the same behaviour in
windows...

Good luck  ;)

--
Joan Tur (aka Quini), Eivissa-Spain