The trash can

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Mon Apr 24 04:21:03 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 22:48 -0500, Andrew Bassett wrote:

> You can open up 'Configuration Editor' and browse to
> apps--nautilus--desktop and there is a selection in there to let you
> make the trash can visible.

Ok, found it, was able to start it from the terminal with some command.

I don't know what I did though but currently the trashcan doesn't work
at all anymore, also not the old one in the task bar. I can drag files
to it, which then disappear, however when I open the trash to view
files, I see nothing.

However when I open a terminal and go to the .Trash folder, I so see the
files and can delete them from there manually (rm *).

Cheers,
Chanchao