Apt-get error on Dapper

Russell Cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 23 10:51:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 16:42 +1000, Adam Conrad wrote:

> Russell Cook wrote:
> >
> > Setting up initramfs-tools (0.40ubuntu29) ...
> > Cannot find /lib/modules/2.6.12-9-amd64-k8
> > dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> Does /boot/initrd.img or /initrd.img point at a nonexistant file, by any
> chance?
>
> ... Adam

Yes thanks Adam the sym links were screwed up, as was a bunch of other
things. I needed to do the dpkg fixes as well  as the apt-get -f install
a number of times each to get things sorted.

I now have two ongoing problems. I can't boot i.e. it hangs on the
2.6.15-20 kernel both -386 and -k7 versions. I'm stuck on
2.6.15-11-386.

Also I've had to removed all vga=791 lines from grub or I can't see the
OS booting or get a TTY session outside X windows.

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au
ph. 02 4577 3209