Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Apr 20 08:05:08 UTC 2006

Is Dapper better for wireless networking?

I have a friend who is trying Ubuntu Breezy. She likes it, but has
problems with wireless. The card itself is recognized, that's not the
problem. The problem is that her home network has WPA security and
Ubuntu only supports WEP. For example, if she goes to a hotel with free
wireless she can use her wireless card, but at home it won't work.

I read somewhere that Dapper would support WPA.

Cheers,
Daniel.

> I use it for paid DJing, so I'm not taking
> it lightly! I have a third PC which will retain XP for gaming.
> Considering I am using a beta Operating System with only two days Linux
> experience, I couldn't be happier. I'm sure that as I learn more, the
> third machine will go the same route.

Good job man!

Cheers,
Daniel.