回复: Re: Chinese text entry

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Thu Apr 20 07:44:19 UTC 2006

Avraham Hanadari wrote:

>>>Thanks for the lead. I did what you suggested, and the files are
>>>installed ... I think. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to activate a
>>>keyboard. How do I turn it on?
>>>

>>Hmmm...  I don't recall everything I did to turn this on.  How about I list all the scim packages I've downloaded:
>>
>>- scim
>>- scim-chinese
>>- scim-config-socket
>>- scim-dev (probably not needed)
>>- scim-dev-doc (probably not needed)
>>- scim-frontend-socket
>>- scim-gtk2-immodule
>>- scim-server-socket
>>- scim-tables-zh
>>
>>I appear to have forgotten a couple in my first message.  Sorry about that.
>>
>>Anyway, download those (except for the -dev ones) and go to System->Preferences->SCIM Input Method Setup to adjust things.
>>
>>--
>>Michael T. Richter
>>Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
>>MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM: michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber: mtr1966 at jabber.cn
>

> I added the missed files. The program now comes up but only when I type
> "scim" in a terminal, and if I close the terminal window, scim
> disappears. Is it possible to have the Chinese support available when
> the terminal is closed?
>
> Although the program is present, along with many input choices, I have
> not been able to key any Chinese. What should the settings be in the
> DCIM Output Setup?
>
> Avraham

谢谢你们!It would seem I now have SCIM operating. I don't know why, but
it just suddenly appeared. There remains one rather serious problem,
however. I have succeeded in keying pinyin in Evolution and Thunderbird,
but every time I try to key in OpenOffice, it crashes. I've tried it
several times, and every time OO crashes.

I'll submit this problem to the OO people, but if anyone here has
experience with this problem, please advise!

Thanks again,

Avraham