回复: Re: Chinese text entry

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Thu Apr 20 07:03:52 UTC 2006

>  On Wed, 2006-19-04 at 18:12 +0300, Avraham Hanadari wrote:
>
>>Michael T. Richter wrote:
>>>  From either universe or multiverse (I can't remember which):
>>> - scim (input method infrastructure)
>>> - scim-chinese (smart pinyin)
>>> - scim-tables-zh (a whole bunch of others including, most usefully,
>>> Ziranma and Wubi)
>>

>>Thanks for the lead. I did what you suggested, and the files are
>>installed ... I think. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to activate a
>>keyboard. How do I turn it on?
>>
> Hmmm...  I don't recall everything I did to turn this on.  How about I list all the scim packages I've downloaded:
>
> - scim
> - scim-chinese
> - scim-config-socket
> - scim-dev (probably not needed)
> - scim-dev-doc (probably not needed)
> - scim-frontend-socket
> - scim-gtk2-immodule
> - scim-server-socket
> - scim-tables-zh
>
> I appear to have forgotten a couple in my first message.  Sorry about that.
>
> Anyway, download those (except for the -dev ones) and go to System->Preferences->SCIM Input Method Setup to adjust things.
>
> --
> Michael T. Richter
> Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
> MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM: michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber: mtr1966 at jabber.cn

I added the missed files. The program now comes up but only when I type
"scim" in a terminal, and if I close the terminal window, scim
disappears. Is it possible to have the Chinese support available when
the terminal is closed?

Although the program is present, along with many input choices, I have
not been able to key any Chinese. What should the settings be in the
DCIM Output Setup?

Avraham