Ubuntu OpenOffice broken?

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Wed Apr 19 09:39:31 UTC 2006

After searching packages, I came across a Hebrew speller, and in OO it
does indeed recognize spelling errors in Hebrew. Unfortunately, the
suggested replacement spellings are all represented by a series of small
rectangles. Evidently a Hebrew font is missing somewhere. Any ideas?

By the way, the Hebrew speller does work in Thunderbird. If I knew where
the speller filers were for OO, I could try changing the name of the
file. It may be accessing the - instead of the _.

Thanks in advance,

Avraham