iTunes MPEG 4 Files do not work (yes I read the wiki)

Nils elitepenguin at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 12:05:28 UTC 2006

Hello,

How can I play this file with quodlibet (it uses gstreamer):

< nils at dell:/media/cryptdisk/music/Nirvana [0] > file Nirvana-Nirvana\
\[UK\]-05\ -\ Smells\ Like\ Teen\ Spirit.m4a
Nirvana-Nirvana [UK]-05 - Smells Like Teen Spirit.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG
v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC

I run Dapper and installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse [1].
But it still does not work, I always get the following error:

Unable to play song

GStreamer was unable to load the selected song.

There is no codec present that can handle the stream's type

Nils