Postfix File Permission

Gary Jarrel garyjarrel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 07:29:57 UTC 2006

Hey All!

This maybe a bit of topic, but I've recently set up a mail server
using Ubuntu, Postfix, and a variety of other software. I'm using
mainly virtual users, and a couple local users which need to have
procmail processing for email delivered to their account. I've got one
main directory (/var/spool/mail/virtual/) under which all users of the
system have a sub directory which contains there mail (Maildir
format). When ever a new email comes in for a local user the
permissions that postfix sets on this email when stored in the users
directory is rw for user only. Is there a way to modify the postfix
behaviour so that the permissions set on newly created files (emails
which arrive) are g=rw and u=rw?

I've tried setting the umask in both login.defs and profile under
/etc/ to 117 but this did not seem to help!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

garyj