Hardware Upgrade: Widescreen Monitor

Michael mepolite at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:47:59 UTC 2006

I've received the monitor, and doing sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
mostly worked in getting 1440x900 working. It would not work using the
official NVIDIA drivers though, and I had to switch to what I I believe to
be the generic drivers 'nv'.

Since switching, GNOME feels and acts clunky. Does anyone have and tips for
getting the higher resolutions working with the official NVIDIA drivers?

Regards

MP