how to write korean?

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at dungeon.inka.de
Wed Apr 12 22:17:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using (k)ubuntu dapper and got scim/skim setup and working.

However I'm new to korean (learning the first few simple sentences)
and I wonder how to input it. Scim/skim has about a dozend different
input methods. Can anyone point me to some howto/faq/documentation
on how they work or suggest one?

as far as I understand there are several differnt
methods to write korean with western characters, and thus I guess
also different methods for entering it with a western keyboard.
the book I use for learning teaches me the transcription rules for
korean from the ministry of culture and tourism of (south) korea
published in 2000. an input method that can work with this type
of transcription would be prefered.

thanks for your help.

Regards, Andreas