Menu Tooltips.

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 18:34:46 UTC 2006

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 18:07 +0100, Keith Powell wrote:
>>> How do I get rid of the tooltips which are associated with every menu
>>> item, please?
>> I'm referring to Gnome Dapper. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.
>
> It's in Gconf : /apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled
>
> Vince

Hello Vince.

Thank you for your reply.

Would you please give me further help?

After much searching, the nearest I can get to  /tooltips_enabled

is /usr/share/gconf/schemas

which gives me:

   <schema>
         <key>/schemas/apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled</key>
         <applyto>/apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled</applyto>
         <owner>panel</owner>
         <type>bool</type>
         <default>false</default>
         <locale name="C">
           <short>Enable tooltips</short>
           <long>If true, tooltips are shown for objects in panels.
           </long>
         </locale>

I have changed the default "true" to "false", but it hasn't done anything.

I'm probably looking in completely the wrong place!

So, please, exactly where do I look and what do I change?

Sorry for this follow-up.

Very many thanks

Keith