ubuntu flight6 on a dell inspiron 6400

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Wed Apr 12 16:31:14 UTC 2006

ยป On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:29PM +0530, Nagaprabhanjan Bellaro wrote:

> I have installed ubuntu flight6 on a dell inspiron 6400. It has Intel 945 GM
> motherboard.

Hello!

Nice to hear from you! I also have a Inspiron 6400 :-)

I've been testing it and filling in this wiki page about it:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LaptopTestingTeam/DellInspiron6400

*Please* take a look at it, and if you known of any other issue or how
to solve the problems I mention there. Let me know through email or add
a comment to the wiki page yourself.

> The video card is getting detected, however, my screen resolution of
> 1280x800 is not supported. It is only showing 1024x768.
>
> Can I do something to get my resolution on this 15.4" screen?

As I mention on the wiki ;-):

You need to upgrade to latest Dapper from the web and re-run
"dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", it will then use the i801 driver.

Best regards,
--
Francisco

Are you keeping WinXP? I'm not! I'm trying to get money back from Dell
(but it's not working).