Problems with OEM installation

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Apr 11 22:11:19 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm still testing the Ubuntu OEM installation. I finished the install
and shut off the computer. In theory, the next step is to ship it to the
consumer. So I turned it on again to see what the end user would see:

* The initial boot up correctly asked me for a keyboard, language and
timezone settings.

* However, it did *not* ask me to create a new account. In theory, it
should ask the user for a username and password which they use from then
on. I suspect that this might be because I created a dummy account to
test the /etc/skel idea. I guess that all I can do now is start from
scratch and install everything again :(

* I can no longer login with the 'oem' password. Is this in purpose?
Does Ubuntu disable the OEM account after the reboot?

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org