A strange behavior in Synaptic

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 11 17:59:29 UTC 2006

Is Synaptic supported by Ubuntu?  If not this behavior isn't going to be
fixed here, but here it is anyway.
When updating my Dapper system with Synaptic and arriving at the
'applying changes' window I get bug reports and then an option for:

<Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages?

All well and good except for the newbie-annoyance that this question is
behind the drop arrow that displays/hides the terminal mode of the
installation.  Clicking on that arrow is not too intuitive and will
probably hang some newbies up with no idea as to why the upgrade has
stalled.  (It isn't stalled, it's awaiting input.)

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs