Gnome is a problem for OEMs

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Apr 11 16:51:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 17:37 +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > I don't know if that would work, but the defaults used for new users
> > might be simply whatever root uses.
>
> Why would that be the case?  It's just nonsensical.

Cool, what idea do you have that would make more sense then ?
The OP would am sure love to hear from you...

> > So maybe you can try setting up a root account, log into Gnome as root,
> > do whatever changes you need, then disable the root account, and perhaps
> > all subsequent users will use this settings ?
> Can hurt.  You're telling him to log in to X as root.

Of course, thanks for reminding me.
But in this case it seemed tolerable, if not the only way to achieve the
goal, practically.
Again, if you have a better and easier way to setup root's Gnome
configuration, panel, launchers, background what have you, I ma sure the
OP will be interested.

Please stop jumping on me for the pleasure of it, I do find you very
offensive for no apparent reason, as well as not very productive/helpful
to the OP.

--
Vince, who will refrain from posting from now on, too risky.