Adding KDE removes GNOME (ubuntu-desktop)

Bikram विक्रम bikram99 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 08:03:11 UTC 2006

hi all !

Actually, we download packages/CDs from college network (in
co-operation with system admin). At home I don't have good b/w to
directly "apt-get kubuntu" packages.
Recently, we've also completed downloading kubuntu ISO image. I will
try installing KDE from that, I hope it doesnot uninstall
ubuntu-desktop.

One question, since both Debian and Ubuntu are using same packages why
is it not advised to mix them up?  I install many application from
Debian DVDs (coz college system admin loves Debian and always
downloads Debian packages).

I even sometime, convert rpm packages to deb and try installing.
Sometimes it works.

--
Bikram Lal Shrestha |  विक्रमलाल श्रेष्ठ
Gandaki College       |  गण्डकी कलेज

If two of you have one apple each, give your apple to each other then
again both of you will have one apple.
But, if two of you have one idea each, give your idea to each other
then both of you will have two ideas.
-- Someone, I forgot