Unwanted program automatically launching at startup

Steve Zatz slzatz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 21:19:45 UTC 2006

I am running an up-to-date version of dapper on an IBM Thinkpad T30.
For some reason after I log in and the gnome desktop loads, Rhythmbox
launches automatically.  This is not a good thing because there is an
inaccessible Samba share that causes Rhythmbox to freeze.  I have
looked under the Startup tab of Preferences/Sessions... and Rhythmbox
is not there, and so I have no idea what is causing it to launch
automatically.   I have also searched the hard disk looking for some
configuration file that references Rhythmbox but have not been able to
come up with anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Steve