Dapper: Rename desktop device icons

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Apr 7 15:35:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 08:26 -0500, robert wrote:
> Just installed Ubuntu Dapper-Flight 6. On my desktop (Gnome), I have
> device icon "19.1 GB Volume" , "19.1 GB Volume (2)","/".  I would like
> to rename them to Windows,Data,Home.

This problem appeared just two months ago, I filed a bug report about it
back then.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/30867

However, given the comments of the devs, I am not 100% sure that they
acknowledge the problem, so I am very afraid that it will stay as is and
that we will no longer be able to control how the partitions/drives are
labeled in Nautilus :o(((

--
Vince