dapper: network-manager/nm-applet + Airport issues

Matthew Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Thu Apr 6 15:32:42 UTC 2006

I'm glad to say that for quite some time now the Airport Exteame card in my Powerbook G4 as been working fine. i'm using it right now acctually. however, newer versions of network manager (starting around the 0.6.1 transistion i think) will not let me connect with it. it tries and tries, but never connects. it conencts to the ap, but never gets and address. running sudo dhclient eth0 work just fine. its just kinda anoying. anyone else have these issues?

also, before (rather, always) the signal strength shown in nm-applet was 0, even if i was connected just fine.

any suggestions for these? file bugs?

thanks for the help.
--
Matthew Nicholson