rcconf

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Thu Apr 6 08:01:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 6 de April de 2006 09:37, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:57:12 +0200
>
> Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:
> > On a recently installed system, the user complained about having to wait
> > for ntpdate when he wasn't connected to the net, I did ls
> > /etc/rc*/*ntpdate* and only
> > /etc/rcS.d/S51ntpdate
> > appeared.
> > I don't have the system now to re-check. My general question regarding
> > how to configure these systems remains.
>
> man update-rc.d -  install and remove System-V style init script links
>
> " When invoked with the remove option, update-rc.d removes any links in
> the  /etc/_rcrunlevel_.d  directories"
>
> -f Force removal of symlinks even if /etc/init.d/_name_  exists

After removing some inits with update-rc.d they started to appear in rcconf. I
wonder if this is a bug.
And while doing this I've found this other tool update-rcconf-guide which
makes the rcconf experience better.
Is there another program like rcconf ('graphical') but that works more
reliable ?
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)