rcconf

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 6 08:19:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:01:04 +0200
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 6 de April de 2006 09:37, Peter Garrett wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:57:12 +0200

[snip]
> > man update-rc.d -  install and remove System-V style init script links
> >
> > " When invoked with the remove option, update-rc.d removes any links in
> > the  /etc/_rcrunlevel_.d  directories"
> >
> > -f Force removal of symlinks even if /etc/init.d/_name_  exists
>
> After removing some inits with update-rc.d they started to appear in rcconf. I
> wonder if this is a bug.
> And while doing this I've found this other tool update-rcconf-guide which
> makes the rcconf experience better.
> Is there another program like rcconf ('graphical') but that works more
> reliable ?

apt-cache search bum

<snip>
 Boot-Up Manager is a graphical tool to allow easy configuration
 of init services in user and system runlevels, as far as changing
 Start/Stop services priority.

It's in the universe repository (breezy 5.10 here)

It might be more to your liking...

Peter

--

Linux User #343161