USB devices, can they be static?

David Walker dave at mudsite.com
Thu Apr 6 02:53:58 UTC 2006

Thilo Six wrote:
>> Sure, you can name each device, then it will be mounted at /media/NAME
>>

>> http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/03/01/editing-fat32-partition-labels-using-mtools/
>>
> That´s an even smarter way then mine.
>>  think you could make them appear at the same /dev/foo using udev
>> rules, but I haven't messed with that.
>>
> /me too.
>
> bye Thilo

Yeah I think udev rules is right what I was looking for.  Because the
script I run 'flashes' compact flash cards.  So I need to know that CF
card reader (labeled 'A') is /dev/sda.  And since that cannot ALLWAYS be
guranteed, making the rule:

bus=="USB" SYSFS{serial}=="DEVSERIAL#" name="compact_flash_a"

Thanks everyone for all the input and advice!

--
Dave