Flight6: Highly discouragned

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Wed Apr 5 15:31:46 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 07:34, Dick Davies wrote:
> On 05/04/06, Marek Pawinski <pawinski at ananzi.co.za> wrote:
> > you have to take a few steps backwards to go forward.
>
> Are you sure you're facing the wrong way?
>

> C Hamel:
>
> Dapper works great for me - except hibernate is borked.
> sudo is certainly fine. Maybe this is a Kubuntu problem?
>

> --
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/
It certainly makes me wonder.  For now, I have reverted to Breezy --a really
easy transition since all my /home/<user> stuff is on a separate partition.
I plan on d/l the ISO to see what happens, as opposed to re-trying the
dist-upgrade number I've been doing.  Perhaps that is the larger problem
which needs to be addressed.  When I see things starting to consistently &
progressively break as updates are applied it certainly is discouraging
--particularly the 'sudo' breakage since that is what the [k]ubuntu user
depends upon for root access ...though I did circumvent that for my own
usage.  I still used sudo,  somewhat, to make certain that it still worked.
--
	...CH