problem with stellarium (0.6.2-3ubuntu1)--- Fatal signal:Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

brallan ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Apr 4 23:50:20 UTC 2006

Breezy repositories seem to have an older version of stellarium (0.6)
which hangs and then stops, i've had much beter luck using the version
(0.7) in windows, but I am not sure how to go about getting a newer
version of a program, compiling from source, etc.

Do I temporarily change my repositories to dapper and do a
Code:
--------------------
    sudo apt-get update
--------------------
 followed by a
Code:
--------------------
    sudo apt-get install stellarium
 or do I need to do something like download the source,
Code:
    make
 it configure it, etc.

any help is appreciated, this program is AMAZING!

--
brallan