Ubuntu on an older PC

Brian Delaney halfhand at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 28 14:46:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, albi wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:52:37 -0500
"BBBB" <ubuntulist at thingbuilder.com> wrote:

> I was thinking about putting Ubuntu on a PC and giving it to a friends Son.
> The PC would be  Pentium II 350 with 128M ram.
> Would this be a waste of time with a machine this slow?

I have several machines of exactly this spec running various flavours of
Linux including Kbuntu and they run just fine, another one to look at on
older spec machines is Vector Linux. If you are giving this PC to a
newbie I would recommend a distro with KDE ( like Kbuntu ) as it is the
most Windows like GUI.

Brian