342 updates on new Breezy

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:32:41 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, sjoeboo <sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com> wrote:

> Albert wrote:
> > As a new user of Ubuntu, I am still trying to understand what's going
> > on. Immediately upon installing 5.10, I was notified of 342 updates
> > pending. I waited until this morning to install them. It appeared to
> > me that everything from the kernel to fonts, was updated. I don't
> > understand how so many packages could require updating on a new
> > install. Would someone please explain, or point me to appropriate docs?

If anything this is reason to be happy - since it shows that many packages
are being updated frequently - like they should be. I suppose you installed
from a RC install disk (release candidate). That came out more than a few
days ago, and since then there must have been a lot of fine-tuning and
updates. I should not think there is any cause for concern here :)

Carthik.

--
Ph.D. Candidate
University of Central Florida