PPP dialup for family

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:42:44 UTC 2005

Luckily wvdial picked up my modem at /dev/ttyS14. So dialup works.

However, how can I install an applet in the panels of my family members in
their accounts, so they can use the machine also and dial in.

gnome-ppp is said to be a "frontend for wvdial." However, iot will not allow
me to configure, at least the easy way, for /dev/tty14. Can it use the
wvdial configuration? I want my users to be able to click to dial in, like
modemlights applet.

Thanks. I am using breezy by the way. It is really nice, and seems stable
enough to use, for us, even though there are some issues from time to time.

Alan Davis