firefox 1.0.7-0ubuntu0.1_i386 update error

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat Sep 24 10:34:02 UTC 2005

sabitha wrote:
> i've got some error too but i can fix that with
>
> $ sudo apt-get remove firefox mozilla-firefox
> mozilla-firefox-gnome-support
>
> than
>
> $ sudo apt get install mozilla-firefox mozilla-firefox-gnome-support

I thought i'd try that and got:

username at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get remove firefox mozilla-firefox
mozilla-firefox-gnome-support
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   firefox firefox-gnome-support gnome-core gramps mozilla-firefox
   mozilla-firefox-gnome-support ubuntu-desktop yelp
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 39,8MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

I'm not too happy to remove gnome-core, gramps (which I've manually
upgraded), ubuntu desktop and yelp. They sound important. Will I be able
to reinstall them again without problems?

Duncan