breezy upgrade /dev issues

Jonathan McLoughlin jonathan.mcloughlin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:01:30 UTC 2005

latest version as of 22Sept from archieve.ubuntu...; a complete dist
upgrade has just finished and a reboot with no joy still have to chmod
-R 666 /dev/* to get X started to use browser, and even in X
gnome-terminal fails with "There was an error creating the child
process for this terminal"

Any help or ideas??
Jon