Ubuntu mentors

aysiu ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Sep 21 03:39:43 UTC 2005

I'd love to be a mentor to a new user, but I'm a bit apprehensive.

First of all, while I have had the privilege of helping a handful of
new users with Ubuntu and Linux in general, I'm by no means an
expert--I've been using Linux only a few months.

Secondly, it's kind of like online dating, isn't it? I mean, you're not
really dating the mentee, but you are forming a rather intimate (albeit
platonic) relationship with a virtual stranger you "met" online. For
safety's sake, does that mean mentees and their potential mentors
should meet in public places first, get to know each other a little?

The idea in general sounds good, but the logistics are a bit fuzzy.

--
aysiu