very satisfied user

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:07:26 UTC 2005

>  The Ubuntu folks graciously sent me 40 CD sets which
>  I have been handing out to friends and family.  But I
>  can hardly become an advocate for Ubuntu, as I would
>  have wished, if I can't get it running myself.  BTW I
>  noticed on the web forum *other* 64-bit questionners
>  who were also unanswered.  Is there some secret problem
>  with the AMD64 bit version?  Gentoo, SuSE, and Knoppix
>  all work great on my Athlon 64/motherboard, but not Ubuntu.

Don't worry too much, and have a little more patients. It's probably
the same thing that's been my problem for the last three years. I run
Linux on my iBook. When I started using Linux I don't think there were
very many people running linux ppc.* Since less people had my type of
machine, not as many people could answer my ppc specific questions. I
hung in there and distro hopped quite a bit, and now days ppc linux
isn't quite as much of a second class citizen. :-)

When support is free and user contributed, those with the least common
machines end up with the least support....If I had an x86, I'd try to
help you.

*It might also just be that I didn't know where to look, but I think
you're probably in one of the right places.

--
Michael Moore