AMD64 Problems

Richard F Freund r.freund at rffcs.com
Mon Sep 19 15:30:39 UTC 2005

Ubuntu Folks,

Here is a message I posted a few days ago, but nobody has yet
had a chance to respond.  Evidently there are other people
who also have trouble bringing up their AMD64 versions.  BTW
I also cannot bring up the x86 CD on my AMD64 machine.  The
x86 CD only works on my 32-bit laptop.

Thx,

Richard

===
I was delighted today to receive my Ubuntu CDs which I am testing on
both x86 and AMD64. The x86 works fine but I cannot, even with several
boot option variations, get the AMD64 to boot (I have an MSI RS480M2
motherboard). Knoppix, SuSE, and Gentoo all work fine on this machine.
The two problems during boot are either it freezes after OHIC
recognition or it freezes during the splash screen. Any suggestions?
===

--
Richard F Freund
President and CTO
r.freund at rffcs.com
www.rffcs.com
805.535.5041

"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions."
- Charles Proteus Steinmetz