Ntloader missing and can't get dsl working in Ubuntu

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Fri Sep 16 14:17:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:36:06AM -0400, Richard Querin wrote:
>    Ok, this is now getting tiring...
>
>    1. I finally got Ubuntu installed and working (thanks to all for the
>    partitioning advice). Grub comes up and gives me the alternate choice of
>    using XP. When I pick it I get an 'ntloader missing' message and it won't
>    boot XP. Grub is installed to the /boot partition and I didn't overwrite
>    the MBR.

I could never get any Linux installation to boot properly when I did
that.  Install grub on the MBR and it should work.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses
      surrounding us, let us also lay aside every weight,
      and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us
      run with endurance the race that is set before us."
                               Hebrews 12:1