Apt repositories

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:47:22 UTC 2005

Thank you. I have copied that file to /etc/apt/sources.list, and added a
skype entry. Edited, replacing "hoary" with "breezy". I get alot of messages
from synaptic, but there sure are many more packages.

I noticed something I've never seen before of synaptic. When I would stop
the process of downloading packages, several times, synaptic started over on
a file that was nearly completey downloaded. In some cases, a 10 MB or
larger file would restart again and again. Skype choked several times, twice
when 99% downloaded! I finally downloaded it from a browser, and installed
with dpkg.

I'll mess around wiht all this a bit more. It's somewhat rough in the edges.
I notice, also, that several good packages from the 2.12 Gnome Live CD are
not in this setup. That was an attractive live cd: it was good enough to
convince me to install Ubuntu.

Alan Davis

On 9/15/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:

> Op do, 15-09-2005 te 16:45 +1000, schreef Alan E. Davis:
> > I have installed breezy 5.10 preview, and so far it's pretty nice. I
> > have to install a bunch of softwar that isn't on the repositories that
> > are provided: so I need to add some debian repositories.
>
> No, you need to add universe (and possibly multiverse).
>
> http://paste.ubuntulinux.nl/969 (replace hoary with breezy everywhere
> and it's suitable for breezy)
> --
> Dennis K.