Lightweight terminal emulator?

Lee Braiden lee_b at
Thu Sep 15 14:30:31 UTC 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 15:14, Grant Edwards wrote:
> When I switched to rxvt I was running Linux on a 25 MHz 486
> with 8MB of RAM, and on a 20MHz 68020 with 4MB of RAM.  Which
> is probably why the thought of a terminal emulator that uses
> 38MB of RAM is shocking to me.

Memory usage is deceptive sometimes.  Programs like X are shown as using lots
of memory, when actually they're just using shared libraries that other apps
are using equally.  I agree that it would be pretty bad for a terminal
emulator to use 38 megs, but I doubt that's actually the case.  Heh.. I could
be wrong, though ;)

Lee Braiden