Problems with xkb migrating from Debian unstable

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Sep 14 13:41:40 UTC 2005

> On 9/13/05, Ignacio Mas Ivars <nacho at kth.se> wrote:
>>
>> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>>
>> which messes up my Swedish keyboard. I've seen that it could be a
>> problem with permissions, so here goes the contents of /etc/X11/xkb/

This didn't work for the last person I pointed to it, but who knows :-)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=13153cb5c015563f90895e112e812e43&t=54569&page=1&pp=10

basically, install xkbutils and xkeyboard-config, and there could be some
problems with xkeyboard-config that need you to force dpkg to override some
missing config files.
--
derek