Kernel 2.6.10 and later issues with USB

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Tue Sep 13 11:10:49 UTC 2005

I have used both the ali and via based cheapo cards, and they are both
reasonable, NOT reliable enough though if you have a usb keyboard and
mouse. They also have the issue that they tend to underpower devices so
things like ipods that want to charge off of the ports complain. Things
work well through unpowered hubs though. I am pretty sure any usb card
you buy will work just fine because they appear to be very well
supported, but I would probably opt for a better card like an adaptec.

Matt