Breezy Quake2 sound won't work (worked in Hoary)

Phil Cryer phil at cryer.us
Mon Sep 12 18:18:52 UTC 2005

I know Quake2 is a funny one, but I had it working fine in Hoary by setting: set snddevice "sdl" in config.cfg - but now in Breezy that won't work: "failed to load audio device sdl"

I've hit the forums for some time last night, searched Google, but the only thing I found is that someone installed libsdl-debian-all instead of libsdl-debian-oss.  Would this fix it?  I'm afraid to try it as I don't want to break the rest of my sound, but I will if no one else has had this issue on Breezy.

Thanks

"You teach best what you most need to learn." - Richard Bach