Kernel 2.6.10 and later issues with USB

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 12 14:23:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:16:47 -0400
Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:

> It works just fine (although buggy) and it is the only way (at least
> for me) that I can take advantage of the usb 2.0 features of my
> equipment. I would love someone to tell me different so I could stop
> sing it because of its problems, but for hte time being I shall cope
> and enjoy usb 2.0 speeds.

It seems to cause my system to freeze periodically.  I can only get a
stable machine by switching USB off in the bios.

Is there a work around that would enable me to use my USB peripherals
in a stable environment?

Presumably the problem is being addressed by developers, is there any
info about progress on this?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber