Suddenly Narcoleptic Hard Drive

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Mon Sep 12 14:18:30 UTC 2005

If you are a dual boot user I would see if the same behavior happens in
windows (or boot up a live cd). The laptop mode disabling mentioned
previously is a good idea as well. I say to try a different os quickly
because I actually had a drive whos power supply came loose and it was
restarting itself regularly as a result. It didnt last too long as you
can guess, so make sure you check it out. If the OS is doing the
restarting then there shouldnt be a problem, its just annoying and
eliminating laptop mode or modifying its settings should fix things.

Matt